Welcome back to the 4 M’s! Like always, we will be exploring more recipes, workouts, and ways to stay connected. Please reach out to me with any suggestions or feedback.
Meal: Homemade Pizza (adapted from Tasty)
Makes: 2 Pizzas
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, torn
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- Toppings of your choice
Making the dough (you can buy pizza dough in the store if you choose not to make your dough from scratch)
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
- If you have a mixer with dough hook, start mixing on low speed. If not, mix ingredients and knead the dough.
- Stream in the olive oil and water and mix for 2 minutes, until the flour is incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium, and mix for 6–8 minutes more, until the dough is smooth and elastic, or get use some elbow grease and knead away!
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil. Transfer the dough to the bowl, cover with a kitchen towel, and let rest for 1½ hours.
- Turn the risen dough onto a clean surface and shape into a ball, pulling the edges round and tight across the surface of the dough ball. Return to the bowl, cover, and let rest for another 30 minutes.
Making the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Drizzle the surface with oil and turn out the dough. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Liberally grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Place a portion of dough on the pan and stretch to fit the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining portion of dough, or reserve for a later use.
- Top the dough with the crushed tomatoes, mozzarella, and whatever toppings you desire!
- Bake the pizza for 15–20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top the pizza with flaky salt and basil.
- Cut (can use scissors or pizza wheel), and serve!
Movement: Ab and Leg Blast
Time to get active! No equipment necessary for this at home circuit.
4 rounds, each exercise will last 1 minute. Take a 3 minute rest between each round.
Round 1 (all exercises 1 minute)
- Wall sit
- make sure you have at least a 90-degree angle in your squat
- Wall Sit Demo
- High Plank
- Side lunges
- 6-inch hold
- lay on your back and hold your legs straight out, 6 inches above the ground
- 6-inch hold demo
- Donkey kicks
Round 2 (all exercises 1 minute)
- Air squats
- Mountain climbers
- Walking lunges
- Flutter kicks
- Step ups
Round 3 (all exercises 1 minute)
- Jump squats
- Push ups
- Jumping lunges
- Cross overs
- Lateral squat walk (band optional)
Round 4 (all exercises 1 minute)
- Russian twists
- Tuck jumps
- Pistol squats
Meditation: Adult Coloring Book
Time to connect with your inner child! Adult coloring books are an easy way to zone out the stress of your daily activities and get some creative juices flowing.
Here are a few adult coloring books with can be purchased on Amazon:
Or, you can simply go online, google some adult coloring pages, print them off and get started.
This simple, yet fun and mindless task, can allow your brain to take a break and just have some fun.
Here are some pictures available online to get you started:
Message: A place to find good news!
Sometimes good news is hard to come by, but it is out there! At Tank’s Good News you will find hundreds of articles about the good things going on in the world. Take a few minutes to read about Volunteers giving makeovers to homeless communities amid COVID-19 or about some very good dogs who are helping rebuild Chilean forests destroyed by wildfires.
Featured photo: healthy pizza